Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Tomater based pasta sauce

I realize it has been a awhile since my last post. My family and I were able to spend some time in California visiting family and friends. I did do some grilling and cooking out there but unfortunately I do not have any pictures.

So therefore...the other night I decided to make some pasta sauce. I wanted to make the sauce the night before so that it would be ready for dinner on Monday and also have some time for the flavors to meld.

I followed a very simple recipe I had in one of my cookbooks, with a few modifications due to not having everything int he recipe.

I used 3 cans of dice tomato's, one yellow onion, one carrot, red pepper, mushrooms and garlic. I ended up not using the zucchini or roma's in the picture.


I chopped up all my veggies and put them into a pan to saute them in some olive oil. I also added 2 bay leaves, some italian seasoning and salt and pepper.


Once the onions are translucent and everything smells really good, I added in the cans of tomato, some tomato paste and a little bit of ketchup.

I let that simmer for about 45 minutes and added more salt and pepper to taste.


The next day for dinner I browned some ground beef and mixed that in with the sauce. It turned out pretty tasty.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment