Monday, September 27, 2010

Mary Lou's Birthday Dinner

I asked Mary Lou what she would like for her birthday dinner. She answered with crab, prawn and fish.

Oh boy! I have never cooked any of those things. I needed to come up with something that would satisfy her birthday request as well as not go to far over my ability.

So I did some research and decided on the following menu:

Appetizer: Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
Main Course: Rib-eye steak, Crab and Asparagus Fettucine Alfredo, and Honey Walnut Prawns.
Desert: I asked my mother to help and she made chocolate fondue

I spent the whole week planning and finalizing my ingredients. I sat down and planned my time based on the prep time required for each element of the dinner. I was able to follow it pretty well, but I did get started later than I wanted. It turned out ok as the dinner guests also arrived a little bit later than originally planned.

Thanks to my Mom, Dad,  and cousin David for helping with the preparation of the meal.

Hope you had a happy birthday Babe!





No comments:

Post a Comment