Thursday, September 16, 2010

Burgers and Quinoa Stuffed Peppers

Tonight I made burgers and quinoa stuffed bell peppers.

For the burger I just mixed in some diced onion, worchestershire, egg, garlic powder, salt and pepper and a little candian steak spice blend.


I sauted onion, garlic, celery and added canned corn, tomato and black beans and mixed it with the quinoa. I added a little fennel seed, cumin and salt and pepper to taste.



I lopped off the top of the peppers, removed the seeds and inside and stuck them on the grill for a few minutes to char a little. I then stuck them in the oven to soften up some more while I prepared the quinoa and veggies.



I then stuffed the mixture into the peppers and put their "HATs" back on and let them bake for about a half hour. I sprinkled a little mixed shredded cheese on top of my serving.



I sauteed some mushrooms in raspberry chipotle sauce and served those on top of the burger.



It turned out pretty tasty.

Enjoy!

Edited for spelling errors

No comments:

Post a Comment