Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Broccoli Soup with Rotisserie Chicken on Ciabatta bread

Tonight I made a broccoli soup. I boiled the broccoli for 4 minutes and drained in a colander, but kept the broth. I put the broccoli in a blender and added some of the broth back into it, about half full but not cover the broccoli.



I chopped the broccoli into a smooth texture and added some salt and pepper. I sliced some herb goat cheese and place two slices and some walnuts in the center of a soup bowl. I then poured in the soup.



The rotisserie chicken is from Sam's Club and I just sliced it up and placed on some buttered ciabatta bread. I placed the chicken on the bread open face, topped with a slice of provolone and toasted in the oven for a few minutes.

I topped my sandwich with a slice of roma tomato, honey mustard and raspberry chipotle sauce.

I also made up some fresh squeezed lemonade to drink.

It was a nice light meal and full on flavor.



Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment