Thursday, August 18, 2011

Moroccan Grilled Chicken and Rice


Back in the kitchen tonight!

Tonight I made grilled Moroccan chicken with baked rice. Last night I made a harissa (toasted caraway seed, coriander seed, cumin seed, olive oil, garlic, cracked red pepper, and lime juice) and marinaded the chicken in that overnight.

For the rice I sauteed whole almonds, onion, bell pepper, carrots and cinnamon in grape seed oil. once the veggies were cooked I added in the uncooked rice for about a minute coating the rice with the oil. I then added in chicken stock and some cayenne pepper and brought to a boil. Once it started boiling I transferred the rice mixture to a baking pan and put in the oven for 45 minutes.




Meanwhile I grilled the chicken on the grill....seared on direct heat and then indirect heat for about 30 minutes.



I served it with steamed green beans.



The flavor on the chicken was fantastic. The rice was good but need a touch of seasoning.

Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment