Friday, August 12, 2011

Braised Pork with Sweet Mustard Sauce, Mashed Potatoes, Green Beans


Friday night fun times in the kitchen.

Tonight I made Braised pork with a sweet mustard sauce, served with mashed tators and green beans.

I started off with some salt and garlic pepper on the chops, and then pan seared them till they had a nice brown exterior. Then removed the chops and set aside.



In the same pan, I added apple juice and de-glazed the pan. I then added soy sauce, brown sugar, dijon mustard, splash of hot sauce and rosemary. Let the sauce simmer a bit and then added the pork back into the pan. I covered the pork with apple slices and some onion, and sprinkled with honey. I tossed the whole pan into the oven @400 for about 15 minutes.



I then removed from the oven and removed the pork chops from the pan. The remaining sauce and apple slices i returned to a boil to reduce.



And here is the final product. The sauce was pretty damn tasty. The pork came out a tad overcooked and I think the reason was that the pan was not hot enough when I seared it, and therefore cooked too much at that point. It still tasted good, just not perfect.



Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment