Thursday, August 11, 2011

Chicken with creamy mushroom sauce served on pasta


Tonight I was originally going to make braised pork chops, but when our dinner guests canceled I decided I didn't need to make that much food.

Since it was just me and the wife (and the kids) I made chicken with a creamy mushroom sauce, and pasta.

The chicken was already cut into chunks for a stir fry so I just seasoned with salt and pepper and pan fried them in some butter and olive oil, and a touch of lemon juice. When they were browned I took the chicken out of the pan and set aside.



In the same pan added more butter and tossed in mushrooms and onions, salt and pepper. I had chopped up some garlic but totally forgot to put it in (next time!). Saute the veggies until they are browned. Added a bit of flour and let it thicken a little. I then added some white wine, chicken stock and whole milk (I didnt have any cream). Let the sauce thicken up some, added some thyme.




Served on some pasta with a fresh tomato slice on top for a little color and flavor.



Not too shabby. Next time the garlic needs to go in the mix and some cream would help get that nice creamy flavor. Very simple to make so give it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment