Friday, August 5, 2011

Homemade Tomato Soup with Grilled Cheese

So this week on Masterchef, the contestants had to make Tomato Soup and Grilled Cheese. The entire show all I could think of was, I want some.

So today for lunch I decided to use up the rest of our tomatoes and make some soup. I diced up the tomatoes, onion, allspice and boiled in chicken stock for about 20 minutes. I then put that in a food processor to puree.




Meanwhile in the pan I made a roux with some butter and flour, and then poured in the soup mixture. Added salt and sugar to taste.

I had some day old bolilo bread so I used that for the sandwich. Spread some butter, mozarella, and basil and grilled them until the cheese melted.



The soup turned out ok. It could use some refinement and a little more flavor. I think the onion flavor overshadowed the tomato. It still was tasty and hit the spot today!

No comments:

Post a Comment