Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Grilled Steaks served with 3 Onion Mix, Mushrooms and roasted Potatoes

We had some leftover roasted potatoes that needed to be eaten. I heated them up on the grill for tonight.

The steaks I marinated in red wine, thyme, garlic and olive oil for about 2 hours. I then salt and peppered the steaks and seared them directly over the coals for about 4 minutes per side. I then moved them to indirect heat for a few more minutes. I pulled the steaks off the grill and let them sit, covered for about 5 minutes.



The mushrooms I sauteed and marinated in some red wine and raspberry chipotle sauce.



I diced up some red, yellow and green onions and mixed them together. Meanwhile I put my cast iron pan on the grill to get nice and hot. I added some olive oil, put in some of the onion mix along with a sprig of thyme and rosemary. I placed on steak on top of the onions, added a little butter and sauteed the steaks for about a minute in the mixture.

Then I pulled off the steak and poured the onion and juices over the steak. I did each steak individually in this manner.



The steaks turned out fantastic. Everyone loved the onion mix. They were big steaks and everyone decided to save a piece for tomorrows lunch.

I will be making this again. The onion mix was really tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment