Sunday, October 3, 2010

Brined Pork Loin Roast with Apples, Rice Pilaf and Corn.

Last night I put the pork loin roast in a brine. The brine was a basic salt and water, with brown sugar, sparkling apple cider and pepper. I brined it overnight.



Today I drained the brine, and dried the meat with some paper towels. I seasoned the pork with salt and pepper and then seared each side in a pan with some olive oil. Once it was seared I set the pork aside on a plate and put my onion, garlic, celery, carrot in the pan and browned them a bit. I added a few twigs of rosemary and thyme. Once the veggies were browned I placed the pork roast on top of the veggies and added some slices of apple to the pan, a touch of white wine and popped it in the over to roast. I set the oven to 325.



I pulled the pork out at 140 and covered it in tin foil. I removed the veggies and apples and set aside in a serving dish. I then de-glazed the pan and using apple cider vinegar and sparkling apple cider and a touch of dry mustard. I drizzled the glaze over the sliced pork.



Mary Lou made the rice pilaf.

The corn I added some diced onion, paprika and a touch of cayenne pepper.



Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment