Friday, July 16, 2010

Pizza Pizza!

Last night was pizza night.

We had some Boboli pizza bread and added our favorite toppings, canadian bacon and pineapple and onto the grill they went!

The grill I wanted to get really hot so the pizza's would get nice and crispy. To do this I moved the bricks up on the cooking grate in order to support the pizza stone. I lit a chimney full of charcoal and once they were ready to go I spread them out evenly in the grill. I put the stone on and put the cover on to let everything heat up. While the stone was heating up I lit a second chimney (about 1/2 full of some lump charcoal...it was the end of a bag so I wanted to use it up...and when that was good and ready, I put those coals on top of the ones already in the kettle. I added some hickory to the coals for some flavor. This got the internal temp to about 550 with the cover on.

I loaded up the first pizza and covered it. After about 4-5minutes the cheese was all melted and the crust was a nice golden brown and crunchy. I pulled that pizza off and put on another. This one got a little more "done" then the previous pie due to the coals getting even hotter. By the time the 3rd pizza was put on, my thermometer was maxed at 600 and it was very hot. The third pizza got a little burned on the bottom of the crust, but not enough to ruin the pizza. Next time I will have to rmember that the grill gets hotter by the time the second and third pizza's get on the grill and therefore  I need to watch them closer.

Moom made a wilted green salad...it had bacon it it so you know it was good. I can't remember offhand how it was made so I will have to tell you later.

She also made a  "toscana" soup, which is a creamy potato soup with italian sausage in it and some greens. The sausage had a little kick to it and was very tasty.

Everything turned out ok, but I wouldn't say it was the best pizza I have had. I will have to work at it some more to perfect it. The salad was the star of this meal. Good job Mom!

Cheers,
Koopdaddy

No comments:

Post a Comment